You can save your creation as an MP4 video file using the Smilebox Download Video feature, then use a third-party software program to burn it to DVD.
Note: Smilebox recommends using a DVD-R or DVD+R disk format when burning your DVD. If you use a DVD R/W (read/write) format, older DVD players may not be able to playback your creation.
- You will need a DVD drive that can write/burn DVDs. If the DVD drive on your computer says ROM (read-only memory) it will not work for burning DVDs.
- If you don't have a DVD drive on your computer, you can buy an external one with a cable, e.g., a USB plug-in.
- First, save your creation as a video file using the Smilebox Download video function on the share page. Then burn to a DVD using a third-party software program, for example http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php
- Once you have added your DVD, close any auto-play windows that open up, before you continue.
- DVD players and DVDs are labeled for use in specific geographical regions. If you get the error message "DVD can't play in this region and needs to play on the correct geographical region", you need to burn your DVD on a computer that was made in the same region. Depending on where you purchased your computer, you may have issues with DVD playback because of the 'Region Code.' More information can be found at https://www.lifewire.com/dvd-region-codes-1845720
- Make sure you have all current software updates for Windows or Mac.
- Check that your DVD drive is up to date. If you don't have the latest drivers, your burn may fail. You can visit your manufacturer's website to determine if any updates are available.